Why Come to West Lakes Dentistry?
At West Lakes Dentistry, our patients are our priority. We offer a range of services including implant placement and restorative treatment plans. Whether you need emergency dental services, teeth whitening, or replacing a lost tooth, we are here for you and your family for the entire journey.
Our experienced staff understands that a trip to the dentist’s office can be anxiety-inducing for some. We offer many comfort options to help patients be more relaxed with us. We maintain a clean, fully stocked lobby with refreshments to welcome you to your appointment. There are also gentle sedation accommodations available to our patients so you can receive the care that you need in comfort.
We also use advances in technology to provide faster treatments with higher accuracy than traditional methods. With the iTero intraoral digital scanner, you won’t ever have to bite down on impression molds to get a model of your teeth. The scanner will create a 3D image of your mouth in just minutes, allowing our dentists to show you the results almost instantly!
Benefits of Invisalign Clear Braces
Invisalign clear aligners give you the freedom and flexibility of having near-invisible, removable dental trays that slowly straighten your teeth over time. It’s a popular choice among adults because it allows you to keep your privacy while sticking to a custom treatment plan that works for you!
Your bite is what allows you to eat and speak properly. Misaligned teeth can cause issues with digestion and your ability to keep your teeth clean and healthy. Overcrowding commonly causes cavities which can lead to further damage within the tooth which may result in the loss of the tooth entirely.
Common Bite Issues:
- Crossbite. This is when the upper teeth cross over the lower teeth. It can affect just one tooth or an entire row of teeth. This can cause the jaw to shift to one side.
- Open bite. This happens when either the back teeth can close but the front can’t, or vice versa. Usually, this is caused by excessive sucking and can create issues with speaking.
- Crowding. When there isn’t enough space for each tooth to be in alignment, this results in teeth that overlap, rotate, or become crooked and difficult to clean.
- Deep bite. If you close your mouth and the front teeth cover the bottom too much it can cause you to bite into the lower gums and/or the roof of your mouth.
- Protrusion. It’s easier to damage teeth that stick out. They can also cause issues with speaking abilities.
- Underbite. When the lower jaw sits in front of the upper jaw, it can put unnecessary stress on the jaw joints, and the appearance of the face can be altered.
- Spacing. Gaps between teeth can be from missing teeth, undersized teeth, or oversized jaws. It’s easier to have debris caught in these areas, leading to gum disease.
Invisalign Braces vs Traditional Braces
Invisalign clear aligners offer all the benefits of traditional braces without the use of metal. Our dentist can more appropriately advise each patient for their specific needs, but here is a quick comparison of the two methods so you can make the best decision for you and your family.
The Benefits of Invisalign Clear Braces:
- Nearly invisible: With clear aligners, it’s nearly impossible to tell that you’re wearing anything at all! This allows you to be confident and comfortable while following your custom treatment plan.
- Removable: You can remove your dental trays for up to 2 hours a day to eat and drink. This makes it easy to keep your braces and your teeth clean. Invisalign aligners give our patients flexibility with their braces.
- Easy to maintain: Invisalign clear aligners come with a portable, discrete case so you can join that lunch meeting with the peace of mind of knowing your Invisalign trays are safely stored away until they’re ready to be worn again.
- Great for mild to moderate cases: Invisalign treatment is designed for mild to moderate cases of misalignment. Our dentist will assess the current condition of your teeth and offer the best course of action for your goals.
The Downsides of Traditional Braces:
- Use metal brackets: Metal brackets are glued onto the tooth’s surface and threaded with a wire to move the teeth into position. These devices can sometimes break, or have sharp bits that poke into your cheeks.
- Require multiple visits: With traditional braces, you will have to visit the dental office frequently to have them adjusted as the treatment goes on. With Invisalign aligners, visits are less frequent and faster.
- Difficult to clean: Because traditional braces are not removable, debris can be caught beneath the wire, or even against the brackets themselves. Special flossing devices are needed to remove these annoyances.
- Convenient only for severe cases: Traditional metal braces work best for more serious conditions that require a lot of minute adjustments. If you have mild to moderate needs, Invisalign trays are a much more popular choice.
Perfect for Both Adults and Teens!
The Invisalign system is for anyone who has all of their adult teeth. On average, people qualify for Invisalign treatment at the age of 12 or 13. Both teens and adults can appreciate the discretion of clear aligners with the freedom of easy maintenance and storage.
Improve Overall Oral Health
Our teeth aren’t just for looks. Prevent cavities, inflammation, and even pain from TMJ (temporomandibular joint) disorder with clear braces. Straighter teeth allow our mouths to function as they should. Invisalign clear braces can give you the ability to eat without discomfort and speak clearly.